Halloween is a time for families to show case their creative spirit by decorating their homes, carving their pumpkins and creating fun costumes all while savoring the many sweet delights! But as we contemplate this and many other activities it is often wondered what we could do to keep safe during both the COVID pandemic and FLU season. Here are some tips that may guide you to have some safe fun, and keep from getting the pandemic blues!
- Review the CDC website on social gathering "Trick or Treating and Other Halloween Activities" at www.cdc.gov
- Visit you local county website on latest local conditions and recommendations relating to Halloween
- Avoid any indoor gatherings with friends and families, as this may increase risk of COVID transmission
- Based on county guidelines it may be acceptable to set up an outdoor table with a "grab-and-go" table venue, be sure to have hand sanitizer, maintain 6 FT social distance guidelines, and masks should be worn
- Always wash your hands well for at least 20 seconds when returning indoors
- Consider outdoor fun with immediate families such as a "Nighttime Candy Hunt" with glow in the dark or flash lights
- Halloween movie night with your own family
- Halloween masks should never replace two ply proper cloth mask
For any other questions you may have, feel free to give me a call, I would love to hear.
Stay safe and be well..
Tariq Mallick MD